First negative review that I ever written.After 3 weeks waiting and no jacket, I called Optics Planet.

Spoke to a nice gentleman by the name of John. He apologized and let me know that the jacket was on back order and that they wouldn't be able to get it for weeks. My hunting trip was only a week away and that wouldn't work for me. So we cancelled the sale.

It would have been nice if they notified me earlier. Regardless, I see different jacket (more expense) on their website and ask that jacket is available. John says it is for sure and even gives me a small discount. I make it clear that I only have a week or so before the hunt and must have the jacket before then.

John promises, credit card # given, done. 3 days later I get an email from Optics Planet that the jacket I ordered is out of stock. I call John and sure enough, no jacket! Oddly enough the jacket still shows on their website as available!

(hmmm...) Now I have a couple of days to get a jacket for the hunt. That means no internet purchase, no discount, full retail. I'll head over to Bass Pro Shop today, hope that they have the jacket I want and pay full retail.

Thank you Optics Planet for making this a huge hassle.You shouldn't advertise what you don't have for sale!!!

Had an Experience with Opticsplanet?

Comments

OpticsPlanet

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience.Customer service is our number one priority.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items.

This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer.

Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order.

We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future.We also hope that you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.