Never heard of this company before today. I thought from the name Opricsplanet, they sold eyeglass frames.

Got a call from my Master Card asking me to verify a 5000 dollar online purchase charge. The person had ordered every piece of Prepper, survivalist and hunting accessories they could get hold of. Told them "Heck No!!!" The order was declined. Now I go a week or more without a credit card to buy groceries or gas because some online company got greedy and thought they were going to make a big score.

If I hadn't been by my phone, someone might have gotten away with it. Companies should not process large dollar orders without verifying that the credit card number is not fraudulently obtained.

Reason of review: Stolen credit card number.

Preferred solution: With your online orders more carefully. Hunters that I know are honest folks but somewhere out there is a scam artist who is stealing..

Comments

qaqc
Opticsplanet Verified Representative

We appreciate you bringing this information to our attention. We take any allegation of a security breach in this regard very seriously and investigate it to the fullest extent possible.

I am sure that you have taken the appropriate steps to cancel this particular card. I am also certain that your credit card issuing bank has made you aware that you are not liable for any fraudulent charges made against your account in a “card not present” environment.

In the meantime please rest assured that however your card information was compromised it was not through your recent transaction with OpticsPlanet Inc. We would like to let you know that we use 168 bit encrypted state of the art technology. We are always happy to cooperate with card issuing banks and law enforcement to prevent credit card fraud and abuse.

We appreciate your past business and are looking forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email at the address below.